Here is another virtual storybook bundle that we have created for you to enjoy at home: it’s all about lions! Below you will find a list of free online stories, plus a craft that you can do at home with basic supplies that you may already have.
Here are links to some fun books and videos that you can download right now from Hoopla. Materials on Hoopla are free with your library card and are available to you 24/7. See here for more information.
Books and videos about lions:
- Lion by Marylou Morano Kjelle (ebook)
- Lions / Leones by Barry Cole (bilingual ebook)
- The Happy Lion by Louise Fatio (video)
- The Lion and the Mouse, adapted from Aesop (video)
- African Lions by Kaitlyn Duling (ebook)
- Andy and the Lion by James Daughtery (video)
- The Lion King (read-along ebook)
- The Lion King: Hakuna Matata (read-along ebook)
- The Lion King: Song and Story (music)
- The Lion Guard: The Power of the Roar (read-along ebook, with links to other Lion Guard titles)
After reading or watching any or all of these stories, you can enjoy doing the related craft below together with your little ones.
Fork Lion Craft (craft source)
- Orange paint
- Yellow paper
- Small piece of white paper
- Marker (black or brown)
- Plastic fork
- Something circular to trace, such as a can, a drinking glass, or a roll of tape
- With the marker, trace the circle in the middle of the yellow paper. This is the lion’s face.
- Dip the fork tines in the orange paint, and press the back of them onto the paper, sticking out from the circle. Continue around the circle, until you have made a full mane.
- Cut out white paper circles for eyes, and glue to the face.
- Draw in the face with the marker.
- Have your child practice writing their name on their piece of work!
- ROAR! You are done. We hope you had fun!
Let us know what you think of this online storybook bundle. We would love to see your finished craft projects, too!