Tails and Tales, June 14 – August 7, 2021
Welcome! On this page, you will find information and several helpful links about the Summer Learning Program (SLP), including:
- A fun video that we created all about Summer Learning 2021 for kids & families!
- Weekly Mascot Map Clues
- How to Upload a Photo to SLP Challenges
- To register children (babies – grade 5), go here.
- To register teens (grades 6 – 12), go here.
- To register for our summer programs, both live and virtual, go here.
- To watch recorded storytimes and programs from your favorite Hudson librarians, go here.
- To view a variety of crafts and activities that our staff has made for you, go here.
Weekly Mascot Map Clues
Boky the ring-tailed lemur is our mascot for this year’s SLP! He will be hiding in the window of a different Hudson business each week, from June 14 – August 7. When kids find the lemur, they go in that business and get their map stamped. They return their stamped map by August 7 (the end of the Summer Learning Program) in order to be eligible for the prize drawing!
Boky will explore his way around town and be in a new location each Tuesday morning through Saturday evening!
Each week, we will post a clue on the blog to help you figure out where he is hiding that week. The clue will be included below, right here on this blog page. Good luck and have fun!
If you need a mascot map, you can download and print one from here:
Week 1 (June 14 – June 19), Clue 1:
Is Boky the lemur what you seek?
We want you to find her easily this first week!
If you get your SLP bag at our favorite place,
Look around closely … you should see her face!
How to Upload a Photo to “SLP Challenges”
Several of the challenges in our Summer Learning Program (SLP) require you to take and upload a photo to your account on the SLP website. We have created a tutorial on how to upload a photo to SLP Challenges, both from a computer and from a phone. Click on the link below to read the tutorial (please note that the images are from the 2020 SLP program, but the process is the same this year, just be sure to start at the 2021 login page):
The links within the tutorial are: