Whenever you are feeling stuck at home, whether it’s because the library is closed or because of weather, it can be hard to come up with new things to do with the kids. However, we’re here to help, with our virtual storybook bundles: a list of online books plus a craft that you can do at home with basic supplies that you may already have.
Here are links to some fun picture books that you can download right now from Hoopla. Materials on Hoopla are free with your library card and are available to you 24/7. See here for more information.
Books about snow:
- How to Catch a Snowman by Adam Wallace & Andy Elkerton, ebook
- Splat the Cat: Blow, Snow, Blow by Rob Scotton, ebook or audiobook
- Pete the Cat: Snow Daze by James Dean, ebook or audiobook
- S is For Snow by Ashley Marie Mireles, illustrated by Volha Kaliaha, ebook
- Waiting for Snow by Marsha Diane Arnold, illustrated by Renata Liwska, ebook
- Over and Under the Snow by Kate Messner, ebook or audiobook
- Tell Me Why?: It Snows by Tamra B. Orr, ebook
After reading any or all of these storybooks, you can enjoy doing the related craft below together with your little ones.
Cotton Ball Snowman Craft (source)
- 2 sheets of blank paper (it doesn’t need to be colored… you can color the background and other pieces yourself)
- Cotton balls
- Crayons/markers/colored pencils (optional, if you’d like to color the paper)
- Color the background of the paper if you’d like. Draw circles stacked on each other to make your snowman outline on the paper. You can make as many circles as you want!
- Glue the cotton balls to the inside of your circles.
- Using your other sheet of paper, cut eyes, a nose, arms, and a hat. Color them in if you’d like.
- Then glue on the eyes, nose, arms, and hat.
- Have your child practice writing their name on their artwork!
Let us know what you think of this online storybook bundle. We would love to see your finished craft projects, too!